Bing Han, PhD
- Postdoctor and Junior Researcher
Cancer Biology Program
University of Hawaii Cancer Center
- Ph.D., Biomedical Science
UniversitĂ© de MontrĂ©al, Montreal, QC, Canada
- M.D., Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Residency and Attending, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Dr. Han is studying the influence of RNA processing and alternative splicing in cancer developments. He discovered the molecular mechanism of DBR1 affecting RNA alternative splicing and its potential role in DNA repair. He is also studying the regulation of the FA pathway and its relation with DNA repair and tumorigenesis.
- Han B, Park HK, Ching T, Jayabal P, Wang H, Shen Y, Zhang J, Li L, Garmire L, Fei P. Human DBR1 Modulates the Recycling of snRNPs to Affect RNA Alternative Splicing and Contributes to the Suppression of Cancer Development. (Submitted to Oncogene).
- Han B, Shen Y, Zhang P, Jayabal P, Che R, Zhang J et al. (2017). Overlooked FANCD2 variant encodes a promising, portent tumor suppressor, and alternative polyadenylation contributes to its expression. Oncotarget, doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.14989.
- Han B, Cai H, Chen Y, Hu B, Luo H, Wu Y, Wu J. (2015). The Role of TGFBI (Î’Ig-H3) in Gastrointestinal Tract Tumorigenesis. Molecular Cancer, March 2015; 14(1):64.
- Han B, Luo H, Raelson J, Huang J, Li Y, Tremblay J, Hu B, Qi S, Wu J. (2014). TGFBI (Î˛IG-H3) Is a Diabetes-Risk Gene Based on Mouse and Human Genetic Studies. Human Molecular Genetics, September 2014; 23(17):4597â€“4611.
- Jayabal P, Pickering A, Han B, Li L, Zheng J, Zhang J, Zhang Y, Fei P. (2014). Basal level of FANCD2 monoubiquitination is required for the maintenance of a sufficient number of licensed-replication origins to fire at a normal rate. Oncotarget, March 2014; 5(5):1326â€“37.
Publication list via PubMed