Dianqing Sun, PhD
- Associate Member
Natural Products and Experimental Therapeutics Program
University of Hawaii Cancer Center
- Associate Professor
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
University of Hawaii at Hilo
- PhD, Organic Chemistry
The University of Memphis, TN, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Medicinal Chemistry
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, TN, USA
Research in Dr. Sun's laboratory focuses on the design and synthesis of novel small molecule and natural product based anti-infective and anti-cancer agents. The chemical approaches include classical organic synthesis, parallel and high-throughput chemistry, and solid-phase organic synthesis, followed by traditional medicinal chemistry optimization of the emerging lead compounds.
- Feng L, Maddox MM, Alam MZ, Tsutsumi LS, Narula G, Bruhn DF, Wu X, Sandhaus S, Lee RB, Simmons CJ, Tse-Dinh Y-C, Hurdle JG, Lee RE, Sun D. (2014). Synthesis, structure-activity relationship studies, and antibacterial evaluation of 4-chromanones and chalcones, as well as olympicin A and derivatives. J Med Chem, 57(20), 8398-8420.
- R. E. Lee, J. G. Hurdle, J. Liu, D. F. Bruhn, T. Matt, M. S. Scherman, P. K. Vaddady, Z. Zheng, J. Qi, R. Akbergenov, S. Das, D. B. Madhura, C. Rathi, A. Trivedi, C. Villellas, R. B. Lee, Rakesh, S. L. Waidyarachchi, D.Sun, M. R. McNeil, J. A. Ainsa, H. I. Boshoff, M. Gonzalez-Juarrero, B. Meibohm, E. C. B├Âttger, A. J. Lenaerts, (2014). Spectinamides: A new class of semisynthetic anti-tuberculosis agents that overcome native drug efflux, Nat Med, 20(2), 152-158.
- Park E-J, Shen L, Sun D, Pezzuto JM. (2014). Inhibitory effect of a callophycin A derivative on iNOS expression via inhibition of Akt in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated raw 264.7 cells. J Nat Prod, 77(3), 527-535.
- Shen L, Maddox MM, Adhikari S, Bruhn DF, Kumar M, Lee RE, Hurdle JG, Lee RE, Sun D. (2014). Syntheses and evaluation of macrocyclic engelhardione analogs as antitubercular and antibacterial agents. J Antibiot, 66(6), 319-325.
- Yu X, Park E-J, Kondratyuk TP, Pezzuto JM, Sun D. (2012). Synthesis of 2-arylindole derivatives and evaluation as nitric oxide synthase and NF╬║B inhibitors. Org Biomol Chem,10(44), 8835-8847.
- Shen L, Park E-J, Kondratyuk TP, Guendisch D, Marler L, Pezzuto JM, Wright AD, Sun D. (2011). Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of callophycin A and analogues as potential chemopreventive and anticancer agents. Bioorg Med Chem, 19(21), 6182-6195.
Publication list via PubMed
- D. Sun, PI
1R15AI092315-01, Academic Research Enhancement Award (AREA R15)
"Development of Piperidinols and Englelhardiones as Novel Antituberculosis Agents"
09/01/2011 - 08/31/2014, NCE to 08/31/2015