Guoxiang Xie, M.D.
- Assistant Specialist
Metabolomics Shared Resource
University of Hawaii Cancer Center
- MS (Applied Chemistry), East China University of Science & Technology, China
- MD (Pharmaceuticals), Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Postdoctoral Fellowship (Metabolomics), University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Dr. Xie joined the UH Cancer Center as an assistant specialist in the Metabolomics Shared Resource since 2013. He received his MD (Pharmaceuticals) from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China in 2007. Before joining the Cancer Center, he was a research scientist in the Center for Translational Biomedical Research at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. Dr. Xie's current research focuses on conducting comprehensive metabolomics studies to 1) identify the metabolite markers for disease diagnosis and stratification, 2) define the molecular mechanisms that link metabolic disruptions in gut microbial-host co-metabolism to metabolic disorders and gastrointestinal cancer, and 3) define the molecular mechanisms of gastrointestinal carcinogenesis and bile acid metabolism.
- Xie GX, Zhou BS, Zhao AH, Qiu YP, Zhao XQ, Garmire L, Shvetsov YB, Yu H, Yen Y, Jia W. (2015). Lowered circulating aspartate is a metabolic feature of human breast cancer. Oncotarget, 6(32): 33369-33381.
- Xie, GX, Wang, YX, Wang, XN, Zhao, AH, Chen, TL, Ni, Y, Wong, L, Zhang, H, Zhang, J, Liu, C, Liu, P, Jia, W. (2015). Profiling of Serum Bile Acids in a Healthy Chinese Population Using UPLC-MS/MS. Journal of Proteome Research,14 (2): 850-859. PMID: 25581415.
- Xie G, Zhong W, Li H, Li Q, Qiu Y, Zheng X, Chen H, Zhao X, Zhang S, Zhou Z, Zeisel SH, Jia W. (2013). Alteration of bile acid metabolism in the rat induced by chronic ethanol consumption. FASEB Journal, fj.13-231860. PMCID: PMC3752538.
- Chen TL,* Xie GX,* Wang XY, Fan J, Qiu YP, Zheng XJ, Qi X, Cao Y, Su MM, Wang XY, Xu LX, Yen Y, Liu P, Jia W. (2011). Serum and urine metabolite profiling reveals potential biomarkers of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Molecular and Cellular Proteomics (co-first author), 10(7): doi:10.1074/mcp.M110.004945. PMCID: PMC3134066.
- Xie G, Zheng X, Qi X, Cao Y, Chi Y, Su M, Ni Y, Qiu Y, Liu Y, Li H, Zhao A, Jia W. (2010). Metabonomic evaluation of melamine-induced acute renal toxicity in rats. J Proteome Res, 9:125-33. PMID: 19476335.
Publication list via PubMed
- Guoxiang Xie, Co-Investigator (PI: W. Jia) NIH/NCI 1U01CA188387-01A1 "Gut microbiota mediated bile acid alterations in hepatic carcinogenesis" 08/01/15 - 07/31/20
- G. Xie, Co-Investigator (Multi-PIs: Jia and Zhou) NIH/NIAAA R01 AA020212 "Aldehydes in Alcohol-Induced Organ Injury" 09/01/10-08/31/16