Lee E. Buenconsejo-Lum, MD
- Associate Professor
Cancer Prevention in the Pacific Program
University of Hawaii Cancer Center
- Residency Program Director
Family Medicine and Community Health
John A. Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii at Manoa
John A. Burns School of Medicine
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Dr. Lum's research areas include health disparities in USAPI populations, cross-cultural curricula, continuing education for health professionals, and comprehensive cancer control for the U.S. Affiliated Pacific Island Jurisdictions (USAPIJ).
- Buenconsejo-Lum, LE, Maskarinec G. Using Standardized Patients to Enhance Cross-Cultural Sensitivity. Asia-Pacific Family Medicine 2004. 3(3):23-27.
- Pobutsky AM, Buenconsejo-Lum LE, Chow C, Palafox N, Maskarinec GM. Micronesian Migrants in Hawaii : Health Issues and Culturally Appropriate, Community-Based Solutions. Californian Journal of Health Promotion 2005. 3(4):59-72.
- Buenconsejo-Lum LE, Wong VS., Palafox NA. Leveraged Resources for Geographically Dispersed Populations: The U.S. Associated Pacific Island Nations, UICC International Cancer Congress Proceedings, Washington, D.C., July 2006, 331-334.
- Buenconsejo-Lum LE, Maskarinec GG, Palafox NA. Pacific Association for Clinical Training (PACT): Lessons Learned and Next Steps in Developing a Sustainable Continuing Health Professional Education System in the United States Affiliated Pacific Island (USAPI) Jurisdictions. Pacific Health Dialog 2007 March 14(1):224-233. PMID: 19772163.
Publication list via PubMed
- L.E. Buenconsejo-Lum, Principal Investigator
CDC 5 U58 DP000779
"Evaluating the Costs and Impact of New and Emerging Technologies in the U.S. Affiliated Pacific Island (USAPI) Jurisdictions: Cervical Cancer Screening and Prevention"
- L.E. Buenconsejo-Lum, Co-Investigator, Technical Advisor (N.A. Palafox, Principal Investigator)
Interim Program Manager (2007-2008)
CDC 1 U58 DP000976
"Pacific Center of Excellence in the Elimination of Disparities (CEED) in Breast and Cervical Cancer in USAPI populations"
- L.E. Buenconsejo-Lum, Principal Investigator (2009-present) (N.A. Palafox, former Principal Investigator)
Co-Investigator, Project Director (2007-2009)
CDC 1 U58 DP000835
"Pacific Regional Central Cancer Registry, planning grant"
- L.E. Buenconsejo-Lum, Principal Investigator/Project Director: FSM, CNMI, Guam
Co-Investigator/Project Director: RMI, American Samoa, Palau
CDC 1 U58 DP000835
"USAPI Regional CCC Program, implementation"
Subcontracts from each jurisdiction via their parent CDC DCPC National Comprehensive Cancer Control Program (NCCCP) Cooperative Agreements