Paul T. Morris, MD
- Assistant Clinical Professor
Clinical and Translational Research Program
University of Hawaii Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor
John A. Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Chief of Surgery
The Queen's Medical Center
Dr. Morris has been Chief of Surgery at The Queen's Medical Center for two years. He has had a long-time interest in optimizing ways to prevent and treat cancer. He has been a clinical faculty member of the University of Hawaii Cancer Center since 1995, has served as President of the Hawaii Society of Clinical Oncology and has chaired the Cancer Committee and Tumor Board conferences at The Queen's Medical Center for nearly a decade. He is the Principal Investigator of a newly awarded NCI Sponsored Community Cancer Center Program (NCCCP) grant that will focus on minority and medically underserved populations in Hawaii. His team plans to work closely with the Cancer Center and its consortium partners to expand clinical trials and foster translational research that will benefit all cancer patients in the State.
- Ranpirnase Interferes with NF-ÎºB Pathway and MMP9 Activity, Inhibiting Malignant Mesothelioma Cell Invasiveness and Xenograft Growth; Nasu M, Carbone M, Gaudino G, Ly B.H., Bertino P, Shimizu D, Morris P, Pass H.I, Yang H, Submitted 09-Mar-2011; revised 25-Apr-2011; accepted 07-May-2011.
- Tissue Tropism of SV40 Transformation of Human Cells: Role of the Viral Regulatory Region and of Cellular Oncogenes; Zhang L, Qi F, Gaudino G, Strianese O, Yang H, Morris P, Pass H.I., Nerurkar V.R., Bocchetta M, Carbone M; Submitted 21-May-2010; revised 21-Nov-2010; accepted 29-Nov-2010.
- Tucker R, Coel M, Ko J, Morris P, Druger G, McGuigan P. Impact of fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography on patient management: first year's experience in a clinical center. J Clin Oncol. 2001 May 1;19(9):2504-8.
- Theise ND, Miller F, Worman HJ, Morris P, Schwartz M, Miller C, Thung SN. Biliary cystadenocarcinoma arising in a liver with fibropolycystic disease. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1993 Feb;117(2):163-5.
- Morris P, Stahl R, Liriano E, Dardik H. Giant retroperitoneal pelvic hemangiopericytoma. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 1991 Nov-Dec;32(6):778-82.
Publication list via PubMed
- P. Morris, Co-Investigator
Pathogenesis of Malignant Mesothelioma
February 2010 to Present