Jeffrey L. Berenberg, MD
- Professor and Clinical Member
Cancer Prevention in the Pacific Program
University of Hawaii Cancer Center
- Co-Medical Director of the Clinical And Translational Research Services
Boston University School of Medicine
Dr. Berenberg has been involved in clinical trials and data management for more than 30 years. He has extensive experience both at the local and national levels in the conduct of clinical trials, especially in breast and colorectal trials. He has been a major contributor to the intergroup breast and colorectal adjuvant trials and co-author on multiple publications. He is the Principal Investigator of the Hawaii Minority NCI Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP) responsible for Clinical Trials. Dr. Berenberg serves as Principal Investigator for the Southwest Oncology Group, Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, and the University of Rochester NCORP Research Base. He is the Co-Medical Director of the University of Hawaii Cancer Center Clinical Trials Office administering and educating the staff. Dr. Berenberg's personal research interest is examination of barriers to clinical trial accrual in the underserved and minority populations.
- Sparano JA, Gray RJ, Makower DF, Pritchard KI, Albain KS, Hayes DF, Geyer CE Jr, Dees EC, Perez EA, Olson JA, Zujewski J, Lively T, Badve SS, Saphner TJ, Wagner LI, Whelan TJ, Ellis MJ, Paik S, Wood WC, Ravdin P, Keane MM, Gomez Moreno HL, Reddy PS, Goggins TF, Mayer IA, Brufsky AM, Toppmeyer DL, Kaklamani VG, Atkins JN, Berenberg JL, Sledge GWN. (2015). Prospective Validation of a 21-Gene Expression Assay in Breast Cancer. N Engl J Med,Sep 27. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 26412349.
- Bantum EOC, Cheng I, Cassel K, Kaopua LS, Yamato R, Berenberg J. (2015). Cancer Clinical Trials in Hawai`i: Who's Being Represented. J Clin Trial, Feb; 5 213.
- Huang J, Nair SG, Mahoney MR, Nelson GD, Shields, AF, Chan E, Goldberg RM, Gill S, Kahlenberg MS, Quesenberry JT, Thibodeau SN, Smyrk TC, Grothey A, Sinicrop FA, Webb TA, Farr GH, Pockaj BA, Berenberg JL, Mooney M, Sargent DJ, Alberts SR. (2014). In: Clinical Colorectal Cancer, Vol. 13, No. 2, 01.01.2014, p. 100-109. 10.1016/j.clcc.2013.12.002. Epub 2013 Dec 28. PubMed PMID: 24512953. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4019685.
- Bantum EO, Albright CL, White KK, Berenberg JL, Layi G, Ritter PL, Laurent D, Plant K, Lorig K. (2014). Surviving and thriving with cancer using a Web-based health behavior change intervention: randomized controlled trial. J Med Internet Res, Feb 24;16(2):e54. doi: 10.2196/jmir.3020. PubMed PMID: 24566820.
- Lee AM, Shi Q, Pavey E, Alberts SR, Sargent DJ, Sinicrope FA, Berenberg JL,Goldberg RM, Diasio RB. (2014). DPYD variants as predictors of 5-fluorouracil toxicity in adjuvant colon cancer treatment (NCCTG N0147). J Natl Cancer Ins, Nov 7;106(12). pii: dju298. doi: 10.1093/jnci/dju298. Print 2014 Dec. PubMed PMID:25381393; PMCID: PMC4271081.
Publication list via PubMed
- J.L. Berenberg (contact) & P. Morris, Principal Investigators
"Hawaii Minority/Underserved NCORP"
08/01/2014 â€“ 07/31/2019